About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly.
With over 6 years of experience and 200+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the data, the experience, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, sparing time on commuting.
About the Job
The HR Manager creates a positive working environment that nurtures employees’ development. The HR Manager is responsible for directing and leading the HR Team to ensure that the HR processes are fine-tuned and operating smoothly to attract, hire, develop, and retain our employees. Our HR Manager drives the changes and projects that will improve the employee experience.
We are aware that we work in a specific and challenging environment, and that means we are looking for extraordinary and excellent people that will be able to contribute to our team from the very beginning.
What Does the HR Manager Do?
- Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Coaches and develops HR Associates
- Oversees and participates in the recruiting efforts to ensure hiring of talent that fits well with the company culture
- Oversees HR administration to ensure that analysis, maintenance, and communication of policies, records, and databases comply with local laws or governing bodies
- Nurtures a positive working environment, coordinates organization of team events and focuses on actively improving employee satisfaction rate
- Plans and creates new employee orientation programs to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Coordinates the employee benefits and compensation program
- Establishes, tracks, and analyzes HR-related metrics
- Manages and evaluates training programs
- Conducts evaluations and facilitates the development of employees through creation of development plans and coaching
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Handles conflict resolutions
- Collects feedback on procedures, processes, training, etc. and tunes them accordingly
- Advanced English (both written and spoken)
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in an HR role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a role such as HR Manager, HR Business Partner, or similar
- It is necessary to have prior experience in a remote working environment
- Self-starter that worked in production-oriented environments
- Data and system savvy
- Experience with building up systems and optimizing them
- Previous experience as a Training Specialist would be considered a plus
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office or G Suite
- Good at managing their own time and tasks, as well as organizing their work
- Highly developed empathy with excellent communication skills
- Proactive and supportive team player
Coaching, Selecting Top Performers, Team Building, Conflict Management, Pragmatism, Analysis Skills, Organization/Planning, and Listening.
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, while supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 6 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. — 18:00 p.m. CET.
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The HR team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our HR team. During this call, the person from HR will provide you with more information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, as a part of the selection process, we also include tasks or tests. You will be informed by the HR team about all the necessary details. Tasks are not difficult and they are intended to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the Screening Interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present during this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the Structured Interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.