About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly.
With 7 years of experience and 300+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the data, the experience, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, sparing time on commuting.
About the Job
We are looking for an inspiring individual to lead an email marketing team of 7 exceptional experts. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be a very adaptable and intelligent individual, ready to take on a new challenge in a remote working environment. We are building a world-class team, and we are looking for a capable leader to drive it forward. If this sounds like you, read more below!
What Does the Team Leader Do?
- Organizes their team on a weekly basis – reviews weekly plans for each team member
- Manages their team projects to bring tasks to completion in a timely manner
- Sets team targets and proactively works on improving client satisfaction
- Works on client strategies to ensure high-levels of client performance
- Communicates effectively with clients on tactical work
- Holds client calls to coordinate tasks and build client relationships
- Collaborates with the Talent Management on candidate reviews, regularly analyzes team gaps, and aims for hiring new team members proactively instead of reactively
- Creates onboarding plans and coordinates experts to help new team members quickly get up to speed and integrate into the team
- Coaches the team to maximize their abilities through ongoing guidance and feedback
- Manages people issues, and proactively works on resolving conflicts
- Completes performance and quarterly talent reviews, and proposes development plans for each team member, adapting the compensation packages accordingly
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Previous experience in email or digital marketing in a leadership role
- Proven ability to achieve results by effectively organizing team members
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to provide detailed feedback and deliver it tactfully
- Good phone presence and confidence to present various complex topics
- Ability to deliver under pressure and time constraints, resourcefulness, and an optimistic attitude that every problem can be solved
- Previous client-facing experience will be considered a huge advantage
- Experience in email automation, campaign set-ups, or email marketing software such as Klaviyo or JustUno will be considered a plus
Adaptability, Assertiveness, Communications – English, Communications – (Spoken & Written), Confidence, Customer Focus, Excellence, Goal Setting, Integrity, Intelligence, Listening, Organization/Planning, Pragmatism, Resourcefulness, Stress Management, Independence, Analysis Skills, Performance Management, Judgement and Decision Making, Selecting Top Performers, Running Meetings, Coaching
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, while supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 7 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 13:00 — 21:00 CET with the possibility to switch to a flexible schedule after a two months probationary period
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The Talent Management team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our Talent Management team. During this call, the person from Talent Management will provide you with more information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, as a part of the selection process, we also include tasks or tests. You will be informed by the Talent Management team about all the necessary details. Tasks are not difficult and they are intended to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the Screening Interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present during this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the Structured Interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.