Talent Development Specialist
About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly.
With 7 years of experience and 300+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the data, the experience, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, sparing time on commuting.
About the Job
The Talent Development Specialist will be responsible for designing and structuring interactive training materials using our vast company knowledge base created over the years. The end result of development initiatives should be the creation of a fast and effective training platform that will shorten the onboarding process and increase net monthly recurring revenue (MRR) growth rate.
We do not expect that you already know everything about learning and development, therefore we will provide the necessary guidance and training. If you are passionate about e-learning and development, you collaborate with others well, and you are up to the challenge of developing experts in a fast-changing environment, we would love to have you on our team!
What Does the Talent Development Specialist Do?
- Assesses training needs through surveys, interviews with team members, or consultations with Expertise Leads/Team Leaders
- Designs as well as redesigns current training materials
- Coordinates the creation of new training materials based on the skills gap evaluations
- Coordinates, schedules, and improves boot camps as well as other training courses
- Improves and coordinates our two internal development programs for the Team Leader Trainee and Expertise Lead Trainee roles
- Implements gamification methods to training in order to make the learning experience more interactive and fun
- Sets up and analyzes training analytics to ensure we are making data-driven decisions
- Explores the available LMS options and finds the optimal solution for our needs
- Coordinates Quarterly Talent Reviews and helps Team Leaders in assessing the skill or experience gaps to improve performance
- Creates individually crafted development plans based on the assessed needs
- Advanced English (both written and spoken)
- Minimum 6 months of previous experience in an HR role, ideally in a Training and Development Associate role or similar (internships experience also counts)
- Excellent communication skills with a natural ability to explain things clearly in a structured way
- Good at managing their own time and tasks, with a sense of responsibility to do things sooner rather than later
- Good at organizing and coordinating others to make sure that training deadlines are met
- Data and system savvy, or you are looking forward to developing these skills
- Can-do attitude with curiosity about finding new ways of improving training delivery
- Prior experience in a remote working environment will be considered a plus
Adaptability, Assertiveness, Communications – English, Communications – Written, Customer Focus, Excellence, Integrity, Intelligence, Listening, Organization/Planning, Resourcefulness, Independence, Passion, Creativity, Analysis Skills
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, while supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 6 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 – 18:00 CET
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The HR team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our HR team. During this call, the person from HR will provide you with more information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, as a part of the selection process, we also include tasks or tests. You will be informed by the HR team about all the necessary details. Tasks are not difficult and they are intended to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the Screening Interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present during this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the Structured Interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.