About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly.
With over 7 years of experience and 300+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the experience, the data, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting.
About the Job
The Project Manager keeps our well-tuned machine humming along. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring proper planning and overseeing the timely execution of our emails and other activities within our project management application (Asana).
New ideas are both welcome and expected. It is necessary that the Project Manager has a keen eye for finding ways to optimize how we work and ensuring we work down the backlog in each stage of the creation of our services by digging deep through the possible issues and finding pragmatic solutions to them that solve the root cause not only the superficial issues.
Because we are a 100% remote company, effective project management is one of the most critical elements of our success. This role provides an opportunity to make a real impact on clients and contributors alike.
What Does the Project Manager Do?
- Reviews daily, weekly, and monthly operations plan
- Monitors execution of the tasks for the Operations team
- Reviews and organizes the client-facing projects according to the relevant Manual
- Weekly does RCA (Root Cause Analysis) on late, failed, and delayed tasks
- Does process improvement reviews as a followup after RCA and makes sure to dig through the possible issues and find the optimal solution that will solve the root cause of the problem
- Helps with improving our processes and operative procedures
- Handles reporting obligations
- Helps with the automatization of the processes
- Supports Team Leaders in the creation of different work documentation, such as procedures and instruction documents which help us with planning and executing
- Does Row plan reviews and provides coaching, feedback, and corrections
- Supports Team Leaders on creating clear plans with realistic deadlines on a weekly and monthly level
- Does client communication Quality Assurance check – creates Quality Assurance lists, appropriate timelines for responses, etc.
- Owns the flawless organization of our project management system (Asana)
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Minimum one year of previous experience in a project management role
- Knowing the ins and outs of Asana is a big plus
- Previous work experience in advertising, marketing, or client-facing agency (especially in eCommerce or email marketing)
- Obsessively organized, and likes to stay that way
- Tech-savvy person who is interested in continuously learning and staying up to date with the latest software and other technologies
- Experienced with setting realistic deadlines and seeing them through
- Very good communication skills and ability to communicate clearly about goals, responsibilities, performance, and expectations
- Responsible and comfortable with juggling multiple projects at once
- Innovative mindset regarding the optimization of processes
Adaptability, Communications – English, Communications – Written, Confidence, Excellence, Goal Setting, Intelligence, Listening, Organization/Planning, Pragmatism, Resourcefulness, Stress Management, Independence, Judgement/Decision Making, Analysis skills
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, and supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 6 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 10:00 — 18:00 CET.
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The HR team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our HR team. During this call, the person from HR will provide you with more detailed information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, we also include tasks or tests as a part of the selection process. You will be informed about all details by the HR team. Tasks are not difficult and aim to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the screening interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present on this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the structured interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.