About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly. With over 6 years of experience and 200+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the data, the experience, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, sparing time on commuting.
About the Job
The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Managing Director, ensuring everything on the Managing Director’s plate is well-organized and ready for fast execution.
You will work mostly with the Managing Director while giving a small portion of your available time to support the rest of the executive team (around 25% of the time). To be successful in this role, you should be a person that excels in high-pressure situations and is naturally helpful. You should use your skills proactively in order to support the executive team.
What Does the Executive Assistant Do?
- Assists in setting up and organizing the Managing Director’s calendar and task list
- Organizes emails and various materials to ensure they can be reviewed quickly
- Arranges, schedules, and attends meetings to ensure the Managing Director’s focused time is maximized and the output increased by at least 10%
- Takes notes and creates follow-ups on meetings or their recordings
- Contributes to building and maintaining the Managing Director’s personal network through professional and timely correspondence with collaborators and contacts
- Helps move the Managing Director’s projects forward by pursuing all open tasks to their completion
- Researches various business-related and personal topics
- Does occasional personal tasks, such as: online shopping for the Managing Director, responding to personal emails, sending gifts/cards, tasks related to taxes, bills, travel, or upcoming events, etc.
- Does other tasks to support the executive team
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Degree in a business-related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a role such as Virtual Assistant, Virtual Customer Service or similar role
- Proficient user of G Suite
- Comfortable with working flexible hours
- Has a good understanding of how agencies operate, or ideally, has previous experience in working in a process-driven environment
- Naturally helpful with exceptional organizational skills
- Proactive and able to anticipate others’ needs
- Works fast in a high-pressure environment and can quickly decipher what is important and what can wait
- Excellent communication skills combined with good networking skills
Organization/Planning, Communications – English (Oral & Written), Resourcefulness, Adaptability, Integrity, Listening Skills, Intelligence, Likeability, Pragmatism.
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, while supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 6 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: 8 working hours per day between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. CET.
The hours are flexible and should be adapted to the Managing Director’s schedule.
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The HR team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our HR team. During this call, the person from HR will provide you with more information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, as a part of the selection process, we also include tasks or tests. You will be informed by the HR team about all the necessary details. Tasks are not difficult and they are intended to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the Screening Interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present during this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the Structured Interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.