About Essence of Email
We build innovative email marketing programs to help eCommerce brands sell repeatedly.
With 7 years of experience and 300+ happy clients in the USA, Canada, and Australia, we have the data, the experience, and the team to execute the most lucrative email marketing strategy to help brands grow.
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees work remotely from the coziness of their own home, sparing time on commuting.
About the Job
The Email Designer is responsible for designing and creating engaging and effective emails in order to increase Email CTR.
To be successful in this role, you’d need to be creative and willing to learn about email design. You’d also need to have knowledge of HTML and CSS. Good communication skills are also essential, as you will be involved in a daily communication with clients.
If you have solid design skills, are creative and passionate about email design, and up for the challenge in a completely remote environment, this might be the right position for you!
What Does the Email Designer Do?
- Creates graphic assets for email campaigns, flows, or popups according to the client’s requirements and implements them using different email marketing software programs
- Uses Klaviyo or other email marketing software programs to create, schedule, and optimize drag and drop email templates
- Designs email template proposals from scratch by thoroughly following the clients’ brand books
- Optimizes GIFs for better email layout and overall design
- Communicates with clients daily, updates them on progress, and makes direct email design edits based on their feedback
- Reviews emails to ensure that they comply with the quality requirements
- Continuously analyzes and improves client’s satisfaction
- Advanced knowledge of English language
- Familiar with HTML and CSS – email coding specific experience would be considered a plus
- Previous experience in web design or graphic design role
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or other graphic design programs
- Solid knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Tech-savvy with a fine eye for good design as well as details
- Creative thinker that sees feedback as a way of improving their skills and strives towards delivering excellent work
- Willing to learn and passionate about email design
- Good communication skills – as you’ll be talking to the clients on a daily basis
- Knowledge about email design and usage of Klaviyo and similar software programs will be considered a plus, but if you’re not familiar with them, you just need to be motivated to learn, and we’ll teach you
- Previous experience in working in a marketing agency will be considered a plus
Communications – English (spoken), Listening, Customer Focus, Excellence, Intelligence, Organization/Planning, Resourcefulness, Team Player, Independence, Tenacity, Creativity, Analysis Skills
Location and Hours
Remote Job Post
Essence of Email has been a remote company from the start. Utilizing online apps for task management and time tracking, while supporting our employees with clear procedures on every working process, we have been running a successful remote team for over 7 years. Whether you’re working next to your purring cat or on an exotic beach, you have the flexibility to work wherever as long as it’s within your position’s mandatory working hours.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 13:00 – 21:00 CET
Perks and Benefits
Remote Company, International Team
Although our headquarters are in Texas, all employees actually work remotely from the coziness of their own home, saving time on commuting. We are a team of people with diverse backgrounds, and employees are empowered by cooperating with international professionals.
We pride ourselves on our constant will to learn and develop. Starting from day one, you will have different types of training that will help you excel in your role.
Our team levels up their game through training and useful practice examples. And the best thing? It’s a part of your everyday work!
Although we work remotely, we are aware that days off are important for mental health. This is why we established a great days-off plan granting you 18 days for national holidays and personal use, and up to 25 vacation days, making up a total of 43 days off per year.
What Happens Next
In the application form, you will be able to submit your resume and answer questions that will give us a better overview of your background. Please note that only applications in English will be taken into consideration.
The Talent Management team will go through all the applications and pick candidates that fit the profile. Those candidates will be called in for the screening interview.
The first interview will be with someone from our Talent Management team. During this call, the person from Talent Management will provide you with more information regarding the company and the position.
Make sure to ask all the questions you might have – this call is the place for it!
For certain positions, as a part of the selection process, we also include tasks or tests. You will be informed by the Talent Management team about all the necessary details. Tasks are not difficult and they are intended to test the level of certain skills for different job positions.
After the Screening Interview and a successfully finished task, a longer interview takes place as a next step. There are 2 interviewers present during this call and it is usually about 1 to 1.5 hours long. During the Structured Interview, we dive deeper into the experiences you’ve had so far regarding your education and work experience.
Interview with the Management
Following the structured interview, the next step is a call with the rest of the management, after which the final decision will be reached. Depending on the position, there could be one or more interviews with the management. Interviews with management are not a must, meaning we don’t always organize them. However, you might get a chance to meet someone from our management if needed.